Wiener Austria equalized with a goal in the last minute

At the start of the qualifiers, Lukasz Kučanić let Altac celebrate in the 95th minute.

Vienna Austria lost a perfect start to the Bundesliga qualifier at SCR Altach in the last minute. “Veilchen” equalized 1-1 (1-0) in the 95th minute from “Joker” Lukas Gugganig in Ländle on Saturday and moved a point ahead of Wolfsberger AC in the bottom half of the league. In front of 4,079 spectators, Dominic Fitz gave Michael Wimmer the lead in the ninth minute.

A final attack by coach Joachim Standfest's Aldog team, who was eventually shown a red card for criticizing the referee, salvaged a point for Vorarlberg against favorites Vienna. In a fight against relegation, Altach are ninth in the table, four points clear of Austria Lustenau.After the first of ten rounds, Austria are in pole position for the European Cup play-offs.

Wimmer, whose team just missed out on the Championship group, relied on his usual starting eleven. Matteo Meisl is the only replacement for the suspended Lucas Galva in the Purple back three. In Altach, Jan Jurcec was on the pitch for the suspended Mike Bähre. Altach striker Gustavo Santos took just 36 seconds to celebrate the goal, but referee Markus Hameter blew the whistle for a slight offside. After a two-minute VAR check, the result was confirmed.

Moments later, the same scene played out on the other side: after a nice mix-up through Andreas Gruber and Romeo Vucic, Fitz, with a little bit of luck, fired into the near corner against Altac goalkeeper Dejan Stojanovic. The whistle blows again, but Fitz is clearly not offside, which is why the goal is disallowed after VAR intervention. The Violets took control with long periods of possession, with Gruber shooting well from the edge of the penalty area (16th).

See also  6 Vietnamese die mysteriously in Thai hotel

As a result, the Rheindörflers slowly got better at the game, but didn't shine at the top level for long. Austria goalie Christian Fruchtal's pulse rose for the first time in the 28th minute when he chested a back pass from Ranftl. Great chances were few and far between for both sides. Santos's header failed to score (40th), Altac defender Constantin Reiner cleared Blavodic's header just in front of the line (45th).

It took a quarter of an hour after the break for Santos to be denied a good chance by Fruchtl (61') from a tight angle. Not long ago, Standfest changed its setup and introduced an attacking pass with striker Atdhe Nuhiu. But it didn't really create a scoring threat. In the 79th minute, Santos was again denied by Fruchtahl as Meisl crashed into his team-mate, making the situation dangerous again. The Altach striker went down in pursuit, but the penalty whistle did not go.

In stoppage time, Freuchl blocked another Santos shot, but Muharem Huskovic was denied by Stojanovic (93') in return. The Steadfast team pushed for a draw, and luckily achieved it. After a punt in the Austria penalty area following a free kick, Sofiane Bahlol tipped the ball to an unmarked Kukkanic, who hit the empty net from close range. (APA)

Read more about these topics:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *